HealthPoint seeks to provide evidence-based healthcare utilizing a patient-empowered team approach to achieve individual wellness for all Greater Brazos Valley community members. We do this through a comprehensive approach to your medical needs, including medical and dental services.
Throughout Texas' Greater Brazos Valley, HealthPoint has served the people who live and work in these areas. Our clinics are located in several counties throughout the Greater Brazos Valley, including college towns, suburbs, and rural areas.
Our goal is to be the best place for patients to receive care, the best place for providers to practice medicine, and the best place for employees to work. Happy employees make for happy patients!
Read patient testimonials.
HealthPoint is for everyone, regardless of whether you have insurance. Our staff will help you apply for financial aid and explain all of the support programs we offer. We invite patients of all ages to visit the HealthPoint clinic in your neighborhood.
HealthPoint clinics receive funding from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and have FTCA (Federal Tort Claims Act)-deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.
Federally Qualified Health Center
As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), HealthPoint receives funds from the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) Health Center Program to provide primary care services in underserved areas.
According to the HRSA, “Health centers are community-based and patient-directed organizations that deliver comprehensive, culturally competent, high-quality primary health care services. Health centers also often integrate access to pharmacy, mental health, substance use disorder, and oral health services in areas where economic, geographic, or cultural barriers limit access to affordable health care services.”
As an FQHC, HealthPoint meets a stringent set of requirements, which includes providing services regardless of a patient’s ability to pay, charging for services on a sliding fee scale, and operating under a governing board that includes patients.
Patient-Centered Medical Home
HealthPoint is also recognized as a patient-centered medical home (PCMH). Being PCMH-recognized means that HealthPoint strives to put you at the center of your care. As your medical home, we will work with you to create a plan of care to meet your needs and goals. More specifically, we can:
- Help you manage your health care
- Help answer your health questions
- Listen to your concerns
- Work with other medical experts, if necessary
- Coordinate your care through additional services
- Encourage you to be a part of your healthcare
You, the patient, are the most important person when it comes to your healthcare. Your primary care team will take time to get to know you and work with you to provide the most effective care possible for treating your conditions and meeting your goals. We want you to have the best experience during your visits.
You and your family will be involved in your health care decisions. You will be able to set goals and discuss with your provider what works best for you. You will share in the responsibility of your health care and the care team at the clinic will be involved in helping you meet these goals.
It’s not about the building. Instead, it starts with the relationship you have with your physician. The primary care provider you choose learns about your needs and then leads a team of health care professionals to give you the tools you need to stay healthy and/or manage a chronic health condition.
Be in charge of your health
- Understand that you are a full partner in your care.
- Learn as much as you can about your health condition and ask questions.
- Find out what you can do to stay as healthy as possible.
Participate in your care
- Follow the plan you agree is best for your health.
- Take medications as prescribed.
- Keep appointments.
Communicate with your team
- Bring a list of questions to appointments, as well as a list of medicines, vitamins, or remedies you use.
- Let your health care team know when you don’t understand.
- Tell your team about care from other health professionals so they can help coordinate that care.
- Be as honest as possible.
- Offer feedback.
Learn about you
- Your healthcare team will get to know you, your family, life situation, and preferences.
- We treat you as a health care partner.
Communicate with you
- Encourage you to ask questions and make sure you know your options
- Use an electronic medical record to coordinate care
- Ask for feedback about your experience in getting care
- Make sure you understand medications, treatments, disease, and diagnostic results when you leave your visit
- Help you set goals and meet them one at a time
- Provide you with educational resources to help you manage your condition or support a healthy lifestyle
- Send you to trusted experts (specialists) if needed and help coordinate care
Watch this brief video to learn more about what it means to have a PCMH:
Wherever your journey takes you, HealthPoint will help guide the way and coordinate your care. We are here for you
Brazos Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. dba HealthPoint is committed to HRSA compliance, quality improvement, and transparency of our quality metrics. We have partnered with RegLantern to share our data publicly and together work to continually improve our health center operations and compliance. Please check out our clinical performance outcomes HERE.