Eligibility & Financial Assistance
Welcome to our Eligibility & Financial Assistance page! Here you can learn more about the programs you may qualify for to make healthcare affordable for you and your family.
There are no restrictions or eligibility requirements to receive care at HealthPoint's clinics. Per our status as a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), we provide care to anyone, regardless of income, residency status, employment, health insurance coverage, or ability to pay for services. You do not have to be a resident of any specific city, county, or area to access our services.
HealthPoint does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin (including limited English proficiency), religion, disability, age, gender, or sexual orientation.
HealthPoint's clinics are not free. If you are uninsured, fees for service will be based on a sliding fee scale determined by income and family size, according to Federal Poverty Level guidelines.
On the first visit, uninsured patients meet with a Benefits Specialist and undergo a simple income screening process. This process identifies whether you or a member of your family may be eligible for healthcare assistance programs, and also determines your fee for services based on the sliding fee scale.
Please note the following insurance and payment information before making your appointment. Contact us today if you have any questions or concerns about becoming a patient.
Federally Qualified Health Center
As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), HealthPoint receives funds from the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) Health Center Program to provide primary care services in underserved areas.
According to the HRSA, “Health centers are community-based and patient-directed organizations that deliver comprehensive, culturally competent, high-quality primary health care services. Health centers also often integrate access to pharmacy, mental health, substance use disorder, and oral health services in areas where economic, geographic, or cultural barriers limit access to affordable health care services.”
As an FQHC, HealthPoint meets a stringent set of requirements, which includes providing services regardless of a patient’s ability to pay, charging for services on a sliding fee scale, and operating under a governing board that includes patients.
Insurance and Payment
- We accept Medicaid, Medicare, CHIP, CHIP perinatal, and most private insurances.
- We participate in all local Medicaid plans and are a Texas Health Steps provider.
- Individuals without insurance are eligible for our sliding fee scale discount program based on their income and family size.
- Financial aid is available to those who qualify. To apply, a separate initial application appointment is required before seeing a provider.
Request an Eligibility Appointment
Financial aid is available to those who qualify. To apply, you must meet with one of our Benefits Specialists before seeing a provider. Complete the form below to request a financial aid eligibility appointment.
If you are uninsured, please bring the following to your registration appointment for all household members* (if applicable):
- Photo identification (driver’s license, school, military, consular identification card, etc.)
- Social security card(s)
- Current CHIP, insurance, and/or Medicaid cards
- Proof of citizenship (birth certificate, passport, certificate of naturalization, FS240, FS545 or 5DS-1350, Form-179 or I-197)
- Birth certificate
- WIC voucher(s)
- Proof of address dated within the last 60 days (utility bill, phone bill, lease, etc.)
- Proof of income for all household members dated within the last 60 days, which may include:
- A minimum of two check stubs dated within the last 60 days
- Letter from employer on letterhead
- Social security award letter
- Most current tax returns if you are a business owner
- Child support
- Unemployment and/or
- A letter of support accompanied by a copy of the supporter's ID and contact information
* Household members include spouse, common-law spouse, live-in boyfriend/girlfriend